In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Kindly note that this notices inform you, our customer, of Lonnix (M) Sdn. Bhd.’s (Lonnix, Gynita) commitment to use/disclose and deal with your information during the course of our business with due care and compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
During your course of dealing with Lonnix (M) Sdn. Bhd. (“Lonnix”, “Gynita”, “us”, “we”, “our” or “ours”) as our valued customer, we will collect and process your personal data and information about yourself to enable us to enter into a transaction with you or to deliver the necessary notices, updates, services, promotion and/or products in connection with our business.
NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The term “Personal Data” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or are identifiable from that and other information in our possession such as name, age, gender, address, telephone number, Identification number, date of birth, email address and etc.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data as provided/furnished by you to us or collected by us from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes (collectively referred to as the “Purposes”):
- to communicate with you;
- to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- to assess, process and provide products and/or services to you;
- to administer and process any payments related to products and/or services requested by you;
- to establish your identity and background;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organized by us;
- for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels in accordance with their consent;
- to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
- to send you invitation to join our events and promotions and product launch events;
- to monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products and/or services;
- to conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness, where necessary, in providing you with the products, services and/or facilities;
- to process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us;
- to process and analyze your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
- to share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
- to share any of your Personal Data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action;
- to share any of your Personal Data with our business partners to jointly develop products and/or services or launch marketing campaigns;
- to share any of your Personal Data with financial institutions necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining credit facility(ies), if necessary;
- for audit, risk management and security purposes;
- for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- for enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
- to enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations; and/or
- for other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us; which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT CONSENTING TO THIS POLICY
The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. Where it is obligatory for you to provide us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Policy, we will not be able to provide products and/or services or otherwise deal with you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to us from time to time;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your Personal Data confidential which we have engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us;
- any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to us in connection with your purchase of our products and/or services;
- government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any jurisdiction, if required or authorized to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities;
- our business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors or agents, on a need to know basis, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business;
- financial institutions for the purpose of applying and obtaining credit facility(ies), if necessary;
- financial institutions, merchants and credit card organizations in connection with your commercial transactions with us;
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we endeavor, where practicable, to implement
appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorized disclosure of or access to your Personal Data.
We will make reasonable updates to its security measures from time to time and ensure the authorized third parties only use your Personal Data for the Purposes set out in this Policy. The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we will put in place various security procedures with regard to the Site and your electronic communications with us. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your Personal Data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to protect your privacy. We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to another member of our Group or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by us.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or have any further queries, or would like to make a complaint or data access or correction request in respect of your Personal Data, you may contact us at the contact details below:
Contact No. : 1800-88-0321
Email Address : email@example.com
Address : No. 10, Jalan TTC 26, Taman Teknologi Cheng, 75250 Melaka, Malaysia.