What is Hepatonic?
Hepatonic is the combination of pre-emulsified milk thistle and dandelion, 2 herbs traditionally used as liver tonic.
Each soft gel capsule of Hepatonic contains:
Milk Thistle Extract (80% standardized) 200mg
Dandelion Extract 30mg
Source of soft gel: Fish
Milk thistle has been used as liver tonic for over 2000 years. Dandelion helps to detoxify the liver, promote increased bile production and improves liver function. 
Why Hepatonic (pre-emulsified milk thistle and dandelion)?
Milk thistle and dandelion are oil soluble; and the oily or solid states of these herbs does not mix properly with or dissolve in water, thus poorly absorbed and gone to waste unknowingly.
Hepatonic is formulated in soft gel capsule form to enhance the absorption of milk thistle and dandelion,
- Milk thistle and dandelion extracts are mixing in oil, then put the oily extracts into soft gel capsule.
- Emulsifying agents is added in to enhance the breaking down of oily extracts into droplets to mix with gastric juice (water) in stomach once they are release from soft gel capsule.
- Then bile emulsification to break down balance oily extracts into droplets.
Therefore, combined emulsifying effect of both emulsifier and bile ensuring higher amount of oily extracts being breaking down into droplets for mixing with water, increasing the surface area where water-soluble lipase can work on to digest for better absorption. Pre-emulsifying formulation is proven to enhance absorption of silymarin (the active component of milk thistle). 
Who are recommended to take Hepatonic?
Those who wish to maintain their liver health.
Those who are having unhealthy and stressful life style.
- Always eating outside and fatty/oily foods.
- Deprived of sleep/rest – stay up late working, studying, gaming.
- Long term medication, alcohol drinking and smoking.
Those who presented with possible poor liver health symptoms:
- Chronic fatigue and tired easily.
- Bloating and mild nausea especially after fatty foods.
- Poor appetite.
- Bad breath.
Adult: 1 softgel capsule 3 times daily with meal or as recommended by doctor or pharmacist.
Children (6 – 12 years old): 1 softgel daily with meal or as recommended by doctor or pharmacist.
. Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine 3rd edition – Andrew Chevallier
. Prescription for Herbal Healing – Phyllis A. Balch
. Prescription for Natural Cures – James F. Balch and Mark Stengler
. Formulation and biopharmaceutical evaluation of Silymarin using SMEDDS
Jong Soo Woo, Tae-Seo Kim1, Jae-Hyun Park1, and Sang-Cheol Chi1
Pharmaceutical Research Lab. Hanmi Pharm. Co., Hwaseong 445-913, Korea and 1College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440-746, Korea. Arch Pharm Res Vol 30, No 1, 82-89, 2007
This is a Traditional Product Advertisement.