What is CoQ10 50mg?
CoQ10 50mg is a CoQ10 supplement in soft gel capsule form as an exogenous source of CoQ10.
Each soft gel capsule of CoQ10 50mg contains:
Coenzyme Q10 (Ubidecarenone) 50mg
Source of soft gel: Bovine
Coenzyme Q10 is fat soluble, vitamin-like substance found naturally in the body and plays an important role for the healthy functions of all tissues and organs.
However, synthesis of CoQ10 declines.
- a) naturally with age  and
- b) due to taking cholesterol lowering statin drug .
Why CoQ10 50mg?
As CoQ10 is oil soluble; the oily in non-emulsified softgel capsule form or solid states (powder or tablet form) of CoQ10 does not mix properly with or dissolve in water, thus poorly absorbed and gone to waste unknowingly.
CoQ10 50mg is formulated in soft gel capsule form with added emulsifying agent to enhance the absorption,
- CoQ10 is dissolved and mixing in oil; then this oily mixture is put into soft gel capsule.
- Emulsifying agents is added in to enhance the breaking down of oily mixture into droplets to mix with gastric juice (water) in stomach once they are release from soft gel capsule.
- Then bile emulsification to break down balance oily extracts into droplets.
Therefore, combined emulsifying effect of both emulsifier and bile ensuring higher amount of oily mixture being breaking down into droplets for mixing with water, increasing the surface area where water-soluble lipase can work on to digest for better absorption.
Who are recommended to take CoQ10 50mg?
Those who wish to maintain healthy level of CoQ10 due to aging progress.
Those who are taking anti-cholesterol statin drug.
Those who feel tired easily.
Adult: 1 softgel capsule 3 times daily with meal or as recommended by doctor or pharmacist.
- Coenzyme Q10: a review of essential functions and clinical trials. Fuke, C., Krikorian, S.A., Couris, R.R. US Pharmacist. 2000, 25(10), 28-41.
- Evidence of plasma CoQ10-lowering effect by HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Ghirlanda G1, Oradei A, Manto A, Lippa S, Uccioli L, Caputo S, Greco AV, Littarru GP. J Clin Pharmacol. 1993 Mar;33(3):226-9.
This is a Supplement Product Advertisement.